Wendy’s fast food restaurants are exceptionally clean and well run facilities that are predictable in terms of guest and restaurant team expectations. The Shift Supervisor is an entry-level management position where the role is to learn the business from the ground up with the safety net of great tools, processes, and mentors/trainers. Supported by the General Manager and management team, the Shift Supervisor will be given the opportunity to train and supervise team members; train, monitor, and reinforce food safety procedures; interact with our guests; and execute cost control systems.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible participate in on-the-job and formal training that will prepare him/her to:
• Train, monitor, and reinforce food safety procedures
• Ensure food safety procedures are executed according to company policies and health/sanitation regulations
• Work with management team to meet sales goals vs. prior year
• Manage food, labor, paper costs, and other controllable expenses
• Execute company policies and procedures for the control of cash, property, product, and equipment
• Monitor inventory levels through ordering to ensure product availability
• Manage and maintain safe working condition
• Manage crew employees in a manner that maximizes crew retention
• Interview and recommend crew members for selection in hiring
• Provide proper training of crew members through established systems and follow through to ensure compliance with company standards
• Anticipate and identify problems and initiate appropriate corrective action
• Maintain fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure products are consistent with company quality standards
The ideal Wendy’s Shift Supervisor will maintain a clean and professional appearance and project a sincere and friendly demeanor while mentoring under the management team.